Servings: 6 (1/2 cup per serving)
1 lb fresh or frozen French-style green beans, trimmed
1 tbsp Olea Oliva’s Chilean Frantoio extra-virgin olive oil
¼ cup sliced almonds
1 tsp chopped garlic (about 1 clove)
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
¼ tsp Olea Oliva’s Cumin Seeds
¼ tsp Olea Oliva’s Turmeric powder
¼ tsp Olea Oliva’s Ginger powder
¼ tsp kosher salt
1. Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil in a large sauce-pot. Add the green beans to the boiling water and cook until bright green and tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove to a bowl of ice water and then drain.
2. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, about 1 minute and add cumin seeds and temper. Add the sliced almonds and cook until lightly toasted, about 4 minutes. Add the chopped garlic and cook until light golden brown, about 1 minute. Add turmeric and ginger. Stir in the lemon juice.
3. Add the green beans to the skillet and toss until coated. Season with salt. Toss until the green beans are heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove the green beans to a warm serving plate. Serve immediately.
BALSAMIC ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Servings: 4 (1/2 cup per serving)
1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
1 tbsp Olea Oliva’s Persian Lime Olive Oil
1 tsp Olea Oliva’s Dukkah seasoning
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ cup coarsely chopped pecans
½ cup Olea Oliva’s Maple or Lavender Balsamic vinegar
¼ cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Combine Brussels sprouts, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dukkah seasoning, salt and pepper in a large bowl; toss. Spread Brussels sprouts in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
3. Add pecans to the baking sheet and stir. Roast 5 more minutes, or until Brussels sprouts are tender and slightly browned and pecans are golden. Add cranberries, toss and serve immediately.
BRUSSELS SPROUTS, CRANBERRY AND QUINOA SALAD
This Brussels Sprouts, Cranberry and Quinoa Salad is simple to make, naturally vegan and gluten-free, and wonderfully light and delicious!
• 1pound brussels sprouts, rinsed and ends trimmed, then halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
• 2 cups cooked tri-colored quinoa
• 1 cup dried cranberries
• 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
• orange vinaigrette (see below)
• 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
• 1/4 cup Olea Oliva’s Morocco Blend Extra Virgin Olive oil
• 2 tbsp Olea Oliva’s Lambrusco vinegar
• ¼ tsp Olea Oliva’s Turmeric powder
• ¼ tsp Olea Oliva’s Ginger Powder
• pinch of salt and pepper
• Whisk all ingredients together until combined
1. Toss all ingredients together until combined. Serve and Enjoy this healthy holiday side dish.
IMMUNE BOOSTING AND SOOTHING TURMERIC LATTE
Turmeric has been used for thousands of years by many cultures for its potent anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. I use turmeric for daily cooking in foods like vegetable curries, soups, eggs, pastas and the list is endless. I also use turmeric when a family member gets a severe cough and could especially in the winter months. It keeps the immune systems strong.
Turmeric Tea also known as ancient “Golden Milk” is a great way to get the benefits of Turmeric daily. Drinking this before bed aids relaxation and helps boost the immune system while sleeping.
• 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
• 1 tsp Olea Oliva’s ground Turmeric
• 1 tsp Olea Oliva’s Ceylon Cinnamon
• 1 tsp Olea Oliva’s ground Ginger
• 1 tbsp Olea Oliva’s California Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 teaspoon Verdant Kitchen’s Turmeric Infused or Ginger Infused Honey
• Pinch of black pepper (optional) (did you know black pepper is composed of an active ingredient called piperine. When we usually consume turmeric, our liver metabolizes it and makes it water-soluble, which flushes it out of our system with only a portion of it going into our blood stream. Piperine inhibits this process and allows for maximum turmeric absorption).
• pinch of Olea Oliva’s Cayenne Pepper
1. Gently warm the almond in a small saucepan (I used my latte maker). Do not boil. Add turmeric, ginger and cinnamon. Next, combine olive oil with the mixture and gently heat together until melted. Use a wire whisk or immersion blender to create a foam. Continue to stir until frothy and heated through.
2. Stir in honey of choice to taste. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Sip, savor & enjoy. Simple and Delicious!!!