Campo al Mare - Bolgheri DOC, Italy (2018) (IN-STORE WINE PICKUP with ID)
Campo al Mare - Bolgheri DOC
Region: Italy / Tuscany / Bolgheri
Bolgheri’s exceptional climate is moderated by sea breezes from the nearby Tirrhenian Sea, and the vineyards’ clay and sand soils are ideal for Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot. The delicate Merlot was picked during the first half of September, while the robust Cabernets and Petit Verdot were harvested in the second half of the month. Grapes come from densely planted vineyards and low yields, which produce wines with concentration and complexity. Temperature-controlled fermentation takes place in stainless steel tanks, and maceration on the skins takes 20-22 days, followed by malolactic fermentation in steel. The wine is matured 12 months in one-year-old French barriques and at least 3 months in bottle before release.
Tuscany experienced a fairly frigid winter, in absence of snow and rains below average. The vegetative growth has been anticipated by a surprising spring, very hot and untimely. Given the hot temperatures, the flowering took place quickly and without interference. The season continued with high temperatures for some periods of the summer, alternating some rains. The vineyards, which enjoy a good maturity and an excellent balance during all the phases of the year, well endured the dry season. Sangiovese, which could be prone to damage caused by drought, did not suffer thanks to irrigations, taking water from the two lakes inside the estate. September started with sunny days alternated with some rains which brought to a very good technological and phenolic maturity which was able to guarantee structured and elegant wines, faithful expression of the vintage.
- Its deep, dark and dense color opens the way to explosive aromas characterized by a vibrant balsamic note. On the palate it is velvety and enveloping, with a harmonious and balanced end.
- Pairs well with beef steaks, roasts and stews as well as rich poultry.
- GRAPES: 60% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Cabernet Franc, 5% Petit Verdot
- APPELLATION: Bolgheri Rosso DOC
- PH: 3.6
- ACIDITY: 4.9 g/L
- ABV: 15%
- AGING: 12 months in barrique
RESIDUAL SUGAR: < 1.0 g/L
Points of distinction:
- An international-style wine from the famed Bolgheri DOC on the Tuscan coast
- A Bordeaux-style blend of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot
- Oak maturation help flavors and texture to become integrated
- IN-STORE WINE PICKUP with ID