FLAVOR: It’s a perfect balance of sweet ripe pear, warm cinnamon, and tart vinegar.
COMPLEMENTS: Drizzle over cheeses, fresh summer salads, tender greens grilled meats, chicken, potatoes, roasted vegetables, fresh fruits and berries. Make a unique cocktail with orange liqueur, your favorite dark alcohol (like brandy, rum, or whisky), and perhaps a splash of soda water.
OIL PAIRINGS: Natural Meyer Lemon, Natural Blood Orange and Basil.
- Combine with Blood Orange olive oil to dress a spinach or arugula salad, topped with fresh berries, mandarin oranges and goat cheese.
- Use in lieu of lemon juice in your favorite apple pie recipe
- Use to poach pears or apples.
- Combine it with a Medium Super Premium EVOO and drizzle over sweet potato wedges, pumpkin or butternut squash before roasting.
- Drizzle over Greek yogurt, ice cream or oatmeal.
- Brush over acorn squash halves before roasting.
- Whip into Mascarpone cheese for a dessert topping.
- Toss roasted sweet potatoes, pumpkin or carrots in it