Jeio Prosecco Rosé DOC, Italy (2019) (IN-STORE WINE PICKUP with ID)
ABOUT THE WINERY
Jeio is the fruit of two interwoven love stories. The first is that of generations of the Bisol family who have faithfully cared for their vineyards. And within this same family, there is the love of a wife who affectionately gave her husband Desiderio Bisol, the nickname “Jeio.” The sparkling wines labeled “Jeio” are certainly captivating and prestigious, yet at the same time synonymous of wines that stem from the most ancient Italian traditions, all of which endows the glass with the true essence of an area of land which certainly has much to offer.
ABOUT THE WINE
The Jeio DOC Rosé is the blend of Glera and Pinot Nero. It has a delicate pink color reminiscent of pink coral or a dream Venetian dawn characterized by a fine, creamy and persistent perlage. On the nose it releases refined notes of rose, lily of the valley, touches of fresh citrus fruit, a slight vinosity and is evocative of wild strawberries. On the palate it is fine, complex and inviting. It has great sapidity and is compact and pleasingly quaffable.
- The Glera Tonda, harvested in September and selected for this first production, is a grape variety that was first mentioned in the area of Valdobbiadene in the 1500’s, a century in which testimony states that the Bisol family were already nurturing grapes and making wine
- The Pinot Nero of this vintage, harvested slightly earlier than the Glera, comes from the ‘CRU’ of four selected hectares chosen from the same area, near the town of Follina, in the heart of the steep hills that became a Unesco World Heritage Site in 2019
- The term Millesimato is included on the label to underline how these bubbles represent quality and history of Bisol 1542 and the people who work there day after day with great dedication
- Bisol is a Grower Prosecco, the estate completely controls production from Grape to Glass
- Varietal Composition: 85% Glera, 15% Pinot Nero
- Second Fermentation: Charmat method in autoclaves – minimum 60 days
- Alcohol: 11.0%
- RS: 6.5 g/L